On Her Flying Trapeze

Monday, July 31, 2006

Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner – Especially Not at BlogHer

Today, I’m catching up on all the things I missed at home, helping my mom move me into the new house. She is a whirlwind of productivity and organization. My Dad is a rock-star of building and home repair. Bob Veela should quake in his presence.

Please head over to parenting.com for my latest post over there.

The conference was a blast. I met amazing, intelligent powerhouse bloggers who have a passion for writing and are working through their blogs to make the world a better place to live. It was so fun, in fact, that Chris and I both “accidentally missed” our flights back home yesterday morning. I’ll be doing at least a couple of posts this week about what went down. I’ll try to focus on the things I learned that could be pertinent to the women bloggers who read my site and shy away from the ephemera of BlogHer, questions like:

Kathryn from Daring Young Mom and Kelly from Diary of the NelloWhy was our good friend Johnson’s baby repeatedly put in a corner? How did I end up with that tattoo on my arm? Can Kelly-Nelly be trusted to find fabulous cheesecake in the state of California? Why did Mir act as an enabler, allowing Chris and I to miss our flights? When asked on video if we’d been drinking, due to our extremely giddy behavior, did someone respond “I’m a little drunk, she’s Mormon”? (Apparently the two have a similar giggleular response.) Were we informed that this video will appear on the website of a major PR Firm?

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

LOL! I cannot wait for your upcoming posts!!!
I may not be trusted to find a cheescake factory... but I CAN be trusted to put on a GREAT double-chin for all to see!

7/31/2006 10:37 AM

 
Blogger j.sterling said...

LOL- more more more more more!

7/31/2006 11:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. I am not your mother. Keep accusing me of this sort of thing and I WILL blog your underwear. ;)

7/31/2006 11:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read all this, so we can at least attend vicariously. Glad you had such a good time!

7/31/2006 12:08 PM

 
Blogger Allysha said...

You are a funny woman. I have been reading some of your old posts and laughing out loud.

7/31/2006 12:23 PM

 
Blogger Brooke said...

I can't wait to hear about your adventures at Blogher. I'm going to start saving and planning for next year.

7/31/2006 12:31 PM

 
Blogger Chilihead2 said...

"she's Mormon" -- ROFL. I can't wait to hear your take on BlogHer. Did you find any of the divisiveness (sp) some others have written about?

7/31/2006 7:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!! It really sounded like a blast!!

8/01/2006 3:06 AM

 
Blogger Notes from the Trenches said...

I thought I said I'm not drunk...
but I probbaly slurred it and that is why you couldn't understand ;-)

And I am totally blaming the flight missing on Mir.

8/01/2006 6:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home